Guild: Lobster Brood
Race: Blood Elf
Class: Priest
PSN Name: Malexanica
Xbox GamerTag: Malexanica
Wii Code: 6836 2008 0860 3469

Re: My hunt for a ps3

Post by Malexanica » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:09 am

A friend gave me Little Big Planet already, looks like something the kiddo would enjoy. I'll look up the other titles though. Thanks!

zoquete
Artifact
Artifact
Server: Thunderhorn
Race: Tauren
Class: Druid

Post by zoquete » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:26 am

Get DAO , its pretty cool and kinda forces you to go thru all the classes to get your achievements unlocked :P

The expansion wasnt that badass as i expected it died in 2 days :P.. well with no raiding pretty much had to raid DAO :P
there are good concepts about the game.. but still i guess its on diapers, i wouldn't be surprised if they actually
made a MMO about it as some point.

hanken
Common
Common
Guild: Unknown
Class: Warrior
Xbox GamerTag: ninjabillcosby

Post by hanken » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:53 pm

play the two uncharted games im on my way through the first one and its awesome also infamous is good and if you have never played it IMMEDIATELY BUY METAL GEAR SOLID 4 its quite possibly the best game ever

Borion
Legendary
Legendary
Xbox GamerTag: Tecwulf
Wii Code: 4136 9808 2994 9596

Post by Borion » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:11 pm

Playing DAO on either console is total fail, FYI. The lack of buttons compared to the pc as well as no mouse severely hinders how the game is supposed to be played.

I suggest Metal Gear Solid 4 only if you've played the others. Both Uncharted games are supposed to be good. I'm still loving Borderlands on 360 (it's also on ps3), and I would suggest Darksiders and Batman: Arkham Asylum.

hanken
Common
Common
Guild: Unknown
Xbox GamerTag: ninjabillcosby

Post by hanken » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:32 pm

borion makes a good point i had DAO for console and it sucked balls bought it for PC and could not stop playing it also batman is an excellent addition as is assassins creed 2 if you haven't played that yet

NikkieSixx
Common
Common
Class: Paladin
Role: Tank
PSN Name: Aconyte
Xbox GamerTag: Aconyte
Wii Code: Fuck el WII

Post by NikkieSixx » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:44 pm

Infamous is the shit... I beat GoW 3 since i have sooo much more time now... and i will pick up heavy rain in a couple weeks probably after i beat the current shit i got. uncharted1/2 are bad ass.. and the rest just get on the PC. I can't think of anything else i would say is a must buy on the ps3.....Killzone2 maybe, the sega genesis collection, I dunno, most games that were dual platform i just get on the PC now. Most PS3 exclusives are a must own to be honest though.

-Nikkie

ps, make sure you fuckers add my sony id or whatever: aconyteds

Marigus
Epic
Epic
Server: Zangarmarsh
Guild: Wipeaholics
Race: Human
Class: Death Knight
PSN Name: m4riGus

Post by Marigus » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:04 am

I really enjoyed Darksiders, Infamous was good as well, I still love my Sonic collection too :P
Missionary (73 Gnome Mage) Zangarmarsh
Hippostyle (84 Human Pally) Zangarmarsh
Marigoose (85 Human DK) Zangarmarsh
Mariguss (85 Worgen Rogue) Zangarmarsh
Chickenstyle (85 Worgen Druid) Zangarmarsh

Malexanica
Common
Common
Class: Priest
PSN Name: Malexanica
Xbox GamerTag: Malexanica
Wii Code: 6836 2008 0860 3469

Post by Malexanica » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:09 am

Cool, thanks for all the suggestions guys. I'm gonna try to stick to 1 game at a time before going out and buying a fuckton of games at once. I've beat GOW3, currently I'm playing Dragon Age Oragins.

Oh Nikki I think I added you already on the 360 I'll get it on PS3 too. Anyone else that wants to add me my tag is Malexanica on both ps3 and 360.

Borion
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Borion » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:07 am

I'll add a few more people on my 360 when I get on it next. My gamertag is in my info to the left here.

A game to add to my list of 'You should try at least once' is Red Faction: Guerrilla. I actually got it with the Darksiders 'Mysterious Code' that was packed into random copies of the first run of the game. After a month or so, they finally revealed that just for buying Darksiders, you'd get a free copy of Red Faction: Guerrilla and a Darksiders Digital Hellbook Art CD. It took them over a month to send it, but I finally got it a couple days ago! The game is basically a mix of GTA and Blast Corps (on the N64, go check it out online somewhere), but on Mars. You run around in a sandbox world and do missions to basically destroy anything and everything. It's a surprisingly difficult game and it's fun...and it was free. ;)

NikkieSixx
Common
Common
Class: Paladin
PSN Name: Aconyte
Xbox GamerTag: Aconyte
Wii Code: Fuck el WII

Post by NikkieSixx » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:05 pm

i recently had the opportunity to play some more shit on the PS3... Heavy rain was fun... but it takes a long time to get into. Darksiders is pretty cool, seems like a zelda for adults that is significantly harder (i dunno, i take alot of damage, guess i am trying to play it like GOW to much). I have not gotten very far in darksiders, but it is fun so far. MAG is pretty fun, not many maps from what i see but i have played it a grand total of like 3 hours, it is fun when i play though, pretty easy to just jump into. I am going to buy demon's soul, but when i have time to play it because of making gba games i am fucking swamped. Mass effect 2 Was fucking amazing, and i definitely recommend it to everyone. Bioshock 2 is pretty cool, but the control scheme on the PC is like a retarded monkey... The game is pretty cool though, i will play it when i get the constitution to put up with shitty button development(and i know you say "you can change the control scheme" but 2k in their infinite wisdom decided if you change the controls, that does not change what displays on the screen...). I also have Battlefield BC2 and i want to play it, but now i just have to many games to play... again. Next month Red Dead Redemption comes out, so i will pick that shit up. Other than that, school sucks ass.

-Nikkie

Helghast
Rare
Rare
Race: Orc
PSN Name: Helscream

Post by Helghast » Mon May 10, 2010 12:09 pm

I am surprised to see no one mentioned Killzone 2. The engine made my guerrilla games is incredible. When did you buy your PS3 Borion?

Borion
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Borion » Mon May 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Helghast wrote:I am surprised to see no one mentioned Killzone 2. The engine made my guerrilla games is incredible. When did you buy your PS3 Borion?
I didn't buy a ps3, but I have a 360. 99% of the games are the same so it's pretty easy to recommend games on either system.